Friday, June 28, 2019

Books for the Indian American identity

I had the fortune of collaborating with Niyati Desai Kadakia on two books which were then released online on Amazon. What I loved about this project is that the stories were not just a work of fiction, they were based on real life experiences of children of immigrants settling into the American Dream. What is it that they retain of their culture without being embarrassed about it forms the core of their identity. The books reflect to keep the individual cultural identity while assimilating into the new American culture.
Illustrated and Designed by me, these two books are now a part of several school libraries in the US and continue to spread the good word.

There is Roti in my Lunchbox


Where am I From??


No comments:

Post a Comment